Saverne Wild Rice Salad
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- ¼ cup shallot/red onion, small chopped
- ½ cup celery, small chopped
- ½ cup carrot, small chopped
- ¼ cup dry cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds or favorite nut
- 1 TBS minced fresh thyme
- 2 TBS minced parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Saverne dressing (link recipe)
- 1 cup Saverne Sauerkraut (any flavor would work)
- In a medium bowl add rice, shallot, celery, carrot, thyme, parsley and garlic mix well.
- Pour over ½ -3/4 dressing and add cranberries. Mix well
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, cover and let stand for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, add more dressing if needed and top with toasted almonds, enjoy!