- 1 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- ½ cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup Saverne Sauerkraut, drained (any flavor would work)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 baguette, torn into 1-2 inch chunks
- 9X13 baking dish
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with oil and add torn bread
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, half and half and mustard. Whisk well to combine. Stir in bacon, scallions, sauerkraut and half the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and top with cheese. Cover with foil and let stand for at least one hour in refrigerator. (Can also be done the night before)
- Bake covered for 35 minutes, uncover, and bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with sauerkraut!