Saverne Salmon Meunière
- 2 6oz portions salmon
- 2 TBS butter, cut into small pieces at room temperature
- 3 TBS flour
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 TBS capers drained
- 2 TBS Saverne Sauerkraut (any flavor would work well)
- 1 TBS parsley, finely chopped
- Season salmon with salt and pepper
- Place flour in shallow bowl and dredge salmon, coating completely
- In a medium non-stick pan, drizzle with oil and heat over medium high heat
- Place salmon, skin side up in pan, cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden crisp then flip and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
- Remove salmon, placing on platter or plate and return pan to medium heat.
- Add sauerkraut and lemon juice. Remove pan from heat and add butter, parsley, capers, and lemon zest, stir to combine, and drizzle over salmon. Serve immediately.