Saverne Ratatouille Bruschetta
- 1 eggplant
- ½ zucchini
- ½ yellow squash
- 1 pint mixed grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, ½ inch diced
- 1 large red onion, ½ inch diced
- 1 yellow pepper, ½ inch diced
- 1 green or red pepper, ½ inch diced
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 heaping cup Saverne Sauerkraut (any flavor would work well)
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 TBS fresh thyme, leaves only minced
- 2 TBS fresh parsley, minced
- 12 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 Loaf Italian Bread
- Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Cover sheet tray with paper towel
- Slice eggplant into ½ inch planks and sprinkle lightly with salt and place on paper towel and cover with paper towel.
- Slice zucchini and yellow squash into ½ inch planks and sprinkle lightly with salt and place on paper towel (layering on top of eggplant) and cover with paper towel. Let eggplant and squash sit for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and place a sheet tray in oven
- Place diced peppers and half red onion in a bowl, top with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp granulated garlic and 1 TBS olive oil, mix well and pour onto pre-heated sheet tray in oven, and spread evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from oven, and pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and place sheet trays into oven (re-use pepper and onion sheet tray)
- Remove squash and eggplant from the paper towels and dice into ½ inch cubes, add to bowl, top with ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp granulated garlic and 2 TBS olive oil, mix well and pour evenly onto pre-heated sheet trays in oven. Bake 12-15 minutes until just tender and beginning to brown, remove and add to bowl with peppers and onions.
- In a large pot, add 2 TBS olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot add remining red onion and cook for 2 minutes, add 2 TBS tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring consistently, add garlic and cook more 1-2 minutes
- Add 1 cup heaping Saverne Sauerkraut, all roasted vegetables, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Remove from heat, add balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, thyme, parsley and basil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
For the toast
- Slice French bread and brush both sides with oil, grill or toast until crispy and lightly browned.
- Top grilled or toasted bread with bruschetta, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese